[wesnoth-i18n] Version 1.14.0, the Steam store, and you

Iris Morelle shadowm2006 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 06:40:07 UTC 2018

Hi there,

We're on the home stretch for version 1.14.0 gold, which will be tagged on the
25th after midnight UTC assuming no last-minute issues warranting yet another
delay crop up. This means everyone has about 2 days for submitting translation
updates for mainline.

As a little sneak peek, it seems likely that version 1.14.1 will be released
shortly thereafter with a few major string changes. We will try to come up
with a schedule that accommodates translators as best as possible

With all that said, there are two important items we need you to work on
before May 1st:

 * The 1.14 press release-style announcement (should become available and
   string-frozen within the next three days).

 * The Steam store description texts (now available, not entirely
   string-frozen).

It is *very* important that Wesnoth's store descriptions are correctly
translated for as many translations as possible, although it's worth noting
that Steam does not support all of our active translations.

The instructions for submitting store description translations can be found at
the following page:

https://github.com/wesnoth/steam-meta/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

I will be taking care of these to save Ivanovic some time, so you can send me
your updates directly through any of the three channels described on the page
above.

We'll not be placing restrictions on which translation teams can submit
updates, but bear in mind that only those listed in the page are supported by
Steam. We can't do anything to add other translations to the store page. Also
note that only translations that have 100% completion will be used -- this
should hopefully not prove too much of an issue since the catalogues have only
22 strings at the moment and about half of them are short or for translator
use only.

ALSO, the system requirements and legal information field (the latter
currently empty) are still subject to change. We'll make sure to inform you
ASAP if we add or modify strings in them.

--
Regards
  Iris Morelle <shadowm/shikadiqueen>