[wesnoth-i18n] tutorial translation

András Széll szell.andris at gmail.com
Tue May 15 05:14:13 UTC 2018

Hi,

> The answer is simple:
> * You have a mismatch between po file version and game version.

And correct, I really see the difference between

https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob/master/po/wesnoth-tutorial/hu.po
and
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/1.14/po/
wesnoth-tutorial/hu.po

for the given string.

Now the next question - which branch should I translate if I aim at
earliest Steam appearance?

The Steam version is built against the 1.14.x branch. You can find the
> latest
> files fur hungarian linked e.g. over here:
> https://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/?view=langs&version=branch&lang=hu
>
> If you used these files you should see most of the strings being
> translated.

For the tutorial it is 35% translated, not most. Am I right that the 37%
fuzzy strings do not appear in the game or is it just poedit that removes
those from .mo files? (There are some real weird changes that better stay
hidden until retranslated.)

And as a newbie translator: is there any way to make it possible for me to
see the newly translated strings in game, while still marking them 'to be
reviewed' by some other Hungarian corrector? The fuzzy flag is already used
by the system to tell me the original string has changed.

Thank you for the quick and detailed answer!

Best regards,
  Andris

Still it can always happen that in a "more recent version" some original