[wesnoth-i18n] tutorial translation - issues

András Széll szell.andris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:21:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

>    1. I honestly don't know - I think you'd have to ask the whoever wrote
>    the Geography of Wesnoth
>    <https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Geography_of_wesnoth>.It *could* really
>    refer to heart as in the circulatory organ (or love, or core, or whatever).
>    2. Even with the misleading wording I think people would understand
>    the meaning, but I suppose 'will be added' is strictly correct. Something
>    for the tutorial maintainers to consider.
>
> Minor thing, as I wrote - how to find the tutorial maintainers?

> 3. I wonder if this is peculiar to your build. Testing English, French,
> and German, on both Steam 1.14.3 and 1.14.3+dev(73627767), the text looked
> like it did in your 'good' image.

Does not depend on language as it turned out. On my win10 with Steam
version 1.14.3 (51609d2) the fullHD screen goes at 125% DPI character size.
There are two scroll positions (the map is one row taller than what fits
the screen), the message is always in the middle of the screen and one of
the scroll positions is OK, the other overlaps. As the previous text tells
exactly what to do, I wouldn't push it further now that I understand what
happens.

> 4. There are still some potential problems with the tutorial, as far as I
> know. Maybe you could add your comments to #1584
> <https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/1584> and/or #3039
> <https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/3039>.

It is nicely listed there as 1c, nothing to do again, thanks! I commented a
possible solution there, but not knowing the undelying engine it may be a
hit or a miss.

Thanks,
  Andris