[wesnoth-i18n] tutorial translation - issues

Antonio Rosella arosella at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 15:17:22 UTC 2018

Il 16/06/2018 13:37, András Széll ha scritto:
> Hi all,

Ciao András
> 1.
> The question is about the Wesnoth map. There lies the "Heart
> Mountains", visible e.g. in the The Sceptre of Fire map. My assuption
> based on 1.10 Hungarian translation and on French/Italian translation
> of the Steam page is that it is "Central" mountains and not heart as
> an organ pumping blood. Is that right?

For the italian translation, it is correct: we choosed the
interpretation of "Heart" as "Central", "Main", "Principal", inspired by
the French real world https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massif_central

> And now that I touched the issue of maps, I saw the
> https://wiki.wesnoth.org/ImageLocalization
> <https://wiki.wesnoth.org/ImageLocalization> and the
> https://wiki.wesnoth.org/MapLocalization
> <https://wiki.wesnoth.org/MapLocalization>
> Based on that I should create an image similar to e.g.
> data/campaigns/Sceptre_of_Fire/images/maps/l10n/de/sof--overlay.png
> with Hungarian overlay texts using Gimp - if I'm wrong please tell me.
>
> One note here is the Sceptre of Fire is missing from the list in
> ImageLocalization.

It is not missing... check https://wiki.wesnoth.org/MapLocalization ,
section 5, "Duplicate map"... at the bottom... ;)
Well... the good news are that now you have also the translated map of
"The Hammer of Thursagan"...

> 4.
> Shortest path to the end of the tutorial...
>
> I started off with Konrad wandering around and ending below Delfador
> with my movement points depleted. They started talking to each other,
> only Delfador wanted me to attack the quintain, but I could not move
> next to it with my 0 MP. So I wanted to end my turn, but the system
> prevents it there. Then I tried to undo my movements but because of
> their conversation it was not possible either.
> So I had to exit to main menu and start it over. :)

I experimented something like this, in an intermediate relase. It was
fixed by:
1) Some fix in the wesnoth code;
2) update of my SDL2 library ( xubuntu Linux )

> (Otherwise we had a great deal of fun playing two campaings already,
> so these are definitely not complaints.)
>
> Thanks & best regards,
>    Andris

You are welcome!

Ciao